Laura

My photo
Gaffney, SC, United States

Saturday, July 4, 2009


In the words of Cherokee County Sheriff Bill Blanton, we are dealing with a serial killer. It has been one week today, since a killer has been claiming victims in this county. To date, four killed and one severely injured teenager, with a gunshot wound to the head. Folks in this small community are scared. There is an eerie quietness around town, like I have never seen. News crews are everywhere. Last night, we were driving around, and saw intersections being watched by armed officers on foot and in vehicles. Patrol cars both marked, and unmarked are parked randomly around the community and ready to react. I feel our Sheriff and Chief of Police are doing everything in their power to bring this to an end. Gods speed to them and their officers.
A good friend of ours called us last night, and said she was having trouble sleeping, and has barely ate in three days. She is terrified. It is sad. It is sad for the community and I can not image the pain the families and friends of the victims must be going through.
I for one will not be a prisoner in my home. Yes, I give everyone a second look now, I notice more vehicles. I am carrying a weapon. I guess I have changed my routine. The gate stays closed on my driveway for the time being. But I am doing everything I normally do, just a little differently. The police scanner stays on now. Its very interesting to hear the dispatches coming in. One Ford Bronco was stopped and a license plate check ran yesterday, the dispatcher told the officer it was the 3rd time this vehicle had been ran.
Our guys are on it!
This monster will be caught. And I hope he gives the officers a reason to shoot!

2 comments:

Amy said...

We came through Gaffney last night on our from buying fireworks and heading to Cowpens Battlefield and passed so many police officers (both marked and unmarked). The crowd where we were sitting near the battlefield was definitely on edge- every time a car passed by, everyone would sit up and stare it down. I told Justin that I was sure that every car around us had some sort of firearm in it.

Laura said...

No doubt Amy.
I guess you saw that Abby has now died as well.
So sad.