Laura

My photo
Gaffney, SC, United States

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

How could someone?














Monday night was the last day of my 5 day break, so after dinner, we decided to get out of the house and go for a drive. We headed up to lake Thickety just a couple of miles above the house, and since we were in the jeep, decided to take a back road to the lake. It was a nice little drive, as the sun was setting. We made our way down the road with the top of the jeep brushing a few low hanging branches.
The noise of the branches rubbing the top of the jeep was scaring Lilly Belle'. This is a dirt road and is pretty much washed out and it is cut through a small forrest. The reason I go into such detail about this road, is what we saw when we made it to the end of it. There on the banks of this beautiful lake, sat a couch, the remains of another couch that had been burned, and also the remains of a chest of drawers. My point: My drive was not easy in a JEEP!, much less a truck carrying this load of waste! Why would someone GO TO THIS MUCH TROUBLE to illegally dump @ such a beautiful area, when the county landfill is open six days a week?
I will never understand this type of stupidity!
On our way out, we decided to take the long way home, up frontage road and around by the orchards. We'll, low and behold, right there on the frontage road, beside I-85, some other idiot, had decided to dump a boat & a dishwasher, I guess they figured it was as good of a place as any!

People amaze me!

No comments: