Laura

My photo
Gaffney, SC, United States

Monday, December 22, 2008

The Narrows / GC114AQ





On Sunday Lisa and I got together with a group of cachers to hike out to the "Gorilla" rapid on the Green River, and to also find the geocache GC114AQ. Several local members of the USCGA, and cachers from the Columbia SC, Rock Hill SC, and Concord NC area met at the trail head on this very cold morning. The hike in was beautiful. The descent to the river was straight down and SLICK. We were lucky enough to get to see some kayakers on the river. I did not get photos of the kayakers because my camera batteries died after about four pics. into the adventure, and I forgot to bring spares. (I'll blame my forgetfulness on the night before, spent on the town in Greenville w/friends).
However, I was able to snap a few, and a fellow geocacher (thanks Ninja) was kind enough to share w/me some photos he had taken of us.
Western North Carolina, and this area in particular (Green River Gorge)is beautiful.
A fellow cacher and friend, posted in his log for The Narrows, that the world's best caching is within a 15 mile radius of this area, and coming from him, that is impressive.
We have not cached outside of the Mid-Atlantic, but from what we have seen, we agree totally.

No comments: