Laura

My photo
Gaffney, SC, United States

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Assasin's Ridge Geocache / GC18FJN

On Saturday February 09, 2008 we logged the Assasin's Ridge Geocache in Tryon N.C. placed by the Rabid Chipmunks. Anytime you go after one of the Chipmunk's caches you know you are in for a challenge. It was a beautiful day for this, we had clear skies and warmer temps than we normally have in February.
From the start of the trail, until the top of the mountain, it is uphill, and very steep in most places. This is one of the most strenuous hikes we have done. I would compare this to the Table Rock Trail Hike. The only difference for alot of the Assasin's Ridge hike, there is no trail. The placement of the stages of this cache were great, and I for one normally do not like puzzle caches at all, but these were fun. The Assasin's victims were placed in body bags at all stages of this cache.
The Chipmunks creativity never ceases to amaze us.
I LOVE fire towers, and there is a lovely old one atop this mountain, along with some transmitter towers. We located the cache easily, took a few photos, signed the debriefing log, left our pathtag, and headed down. The trip down sure was alot easier than the one up. I am not really sore today, which surprises the hell out of me, Lisa isn't either.
But I tell you, we both had one heck of a windburn on our face yesterday, it looked as if we had been sunbathing.
Oh yeah, the sniper got in one shot at us at the site of the 2nd attack, however my trusty Magellan deflected the bullet. Lucky for me, not so lucky for my GPS screen. Oh well, it still lives to cache another day.
(View from the top)

(Look at the grade of this slope)
This tree has the largest girth I have ever seen!
The Assasin's Ridge

No comments: