Laura

My photo
Gaffney, SC, United States

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

How does your garden grow?

While driving back from the coast this weekend, we took a detour to see something I had been hearing about for years, Fryar's Topiary Garden, located in Bishopville SC.
I have seen several interviews with Mr. Fryar over the years as well as TV segments about the beautiful garden this man maintains at his home.
What makes his story so much more unique is that Mr. Fryar has had NO formal training in horticulture
While there, we were lucky enough to meet this kind soul, and have photos taken with him.
I will let the photos speak for themselves, but there is one thing within his garden I could not capture in one frame.

He has the words, Peace, Love and Goodwill largely and prodominantly outlined in his 3.5 acre yard. Mr. Fryar certainly exhibits all three.




















A great article about this man can be found here.

No comments: