Laura

My photo
Gaffney, SC, United States

Monday, April 6, 2009

A good day..





Lately on the weekends we have been pretty busy at home, cleaning up the mess from the recent snow we had. We lost alot of trees and there is still a lot of work to do. With the beautiful weather we had Sunday, we decided to take a break and go geocaching. We had started a geocache near Saluda NC a few weeks ago and ended up having to leave before we finished it. Sunday we returned to the mountains to complete this cache "Slaughter House Curve"


As I stated in our cache log, I am glad we didn't get to finish it the first go around. This time, we had the treat of seeing all types of wildlife and wildflowers. The weather was perfect. I really liked the railroad theme of this cache. I have loved RR trestles since childhood. This is a great cache in every aspect.

Here are a few of the sights we were treated to:





Here is a great shot Lisa got:


A few hikers we encountered along our way:


2 comments:

Amy said...

Holy mother- that looks like an awesome cache. I'm going to have to look it up to see if we could do it with the kids. I miss caching.

And those are some great pics that you guys got.

Laura said...

Thanks Amy