Laura

My photo
Gaffney, SC, United States

Monday, November 7, 2016

Pineland: CONTRA CODE



Geocaching is a great hobby, it can provide as much or as little adventure, exploration, and exercise as you want.  I like all geocaches, but I prefer one that either challenges both mentally and physically, and one that takes me to a beautiful or unique location.  GC2BMTN has it all.

The tower at Contra Code.

 We had this geocache on the want list for awhile.  This past Saturday, we made the 3 hour drive up to attempt it.

The cable bridge at Contra Code

Once at ground zero, we sized up the task at hand, cross the foot bridge, get the code to unlock the cache, then climb the tower to the cache.  Simple enough...right?   For me, the foot bridge was the most difficult part, as the closer to the middle of the bridge you got, the more the cable moved.  Had to recheck my nerves a couple of times, but I persevered and conquered the bridge and got the code. Now to climb the tower.

Hello down there

Well, the tower was quite the climb, but easy for me compared to the bridge.  Once at top, took a moment to enjoy the view and the accomplishment.   Signed the log and left our pathtag, and a new un-activated EMT geocoin.   What a great caching experience this geocache was.  It reminds me of what I like about this hobby.



So get out there and find your adventure!

No comments: