Laura

My photo
Gaffney, SC, United States

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Meeting the Boss.

Anyone that knows me, knows what a huge fan I am of Bruce Springsteen's music.  Bruce and his E Street Band, set the standard for what a great rock and roll band can, and should be. Bruce can write, man can he write.    He takes on the big issues, and the everyday struggles we face, and glorifies the small heroic acts that so often go unnoticed in our daily lives. He is patriotic, but make no mistake, it is a angry patriotism.
Someone very close to me once said, his songs are like mini novels, I tend to agree.  Bruce once said quoting loosely here: I want my music to be there for your life, your struggles, and victories, your gains and your loss, your celebrations, and when you mourn.

Well done Sir.  Thanks for giving me something to face the world with.

On December 2nd 20016, I was gifted a chance to meet Bruce, and to receive a signed copy of his autobiography Born To Run.

No comments: