Laura

My photo
Gaffney, SC, United States

Friday, May 13, 2011

Red Fox Den

On 5.11.11 we discovered that we had a Red Fox den on our land, down by the lake. There are six baby foxes (kits). We have not seen the mother fox except for a couple of shots on the camera trap at night. This is pretty darn cool to have in your backyard, however I am concerned as we have a small dog and a abundance of wildlife around I do not care to loose. After all, no matter how cute these little guys are, they are still predators

5 comments:

Mike said...

I doubt you have anything to worry about with regarding your small dog. If you have chickens and the like...maybe. As for the other wildlife, the foxes will just do what foxes do. They've likely been in the area for a while so I don't expect you'll notice much change.

Very nice pics. I envy your having these guys close enough to observe on a regular basis.

Mike

Mike said...

Hmmm, please strike the word "with" from the first sentence in my original post. Not sure where that came from. Makes me sound like an idiot :)

Laura said...

Thanks for your comments Mike.

Tony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tony said...

Count yourself lucky. It is great that you are able to observe these juvenile foxes on your own property. Thanks for sharing.